Rules of Procedure
Accommodation Review Committee
Public Meetings of the Accommodation Review Committee will be advertised in local newspapers through the Rainbow District School Board's Corporate Communications and Strategic Planning Office and will be posted on the Board's website. Letters will also be sent home to the parents/guardians of each school.
A request for a business representative will be sent in writing to the Chamber of Commerce or local municipality (as appropriate). An announcement
for a business representative for Sudbury South Area Schools will be placed in local newspapers.
The following Accommodation Review Committee members shall be considered voting members:
- two parent School Council members per school
- one principal per school
- one teacher per school
The following Accommodation Review Committee member shall be considered a non-voting member:
- one municipal employee or leader
- the superintendent of the school
- The parent members of School Council will be chosen by the School Council.
- The teacher will be the representative on the School Council unless that person is unable to serve in which case teachers will vote on a replacement.
- A request for a business representative will be sent in writing to the Chamber of Commerce or local municipality (as appropriate).
- The Superintendent of the school will serve as a facilitator at the Accommodation Review Committee meetings and will draft the agenda.
- The Superintendent of the school will provide a recording secretary to take minutes.
- Meetings will be held with more than one person present.
- Decisions will be made by consensus whenever possible. Where consensus cannot be achieved, a vote will be taken. The outcome will be based on the majority vote of those present and will be recorded in the minutes.
- Agendas and minutes of the Public Meetings will be posted on rainbowschools.ca.