Allergen-Safe School Environment
We only have two students who has anaphylactic, one has a life-threatening allergy to fish products and the other is allergic to peanuts. Children with this life-threatening allergy could go into Anaphylactic Shock; that is, they would get very sick, their throat would close up and they could stop breathing. This can happen very quickly.
Thess children have been taught all the rules about not sharing food, but we worry that they might forget or touch something with fish or peanut residue that cannot be seen. If even the tiniest amount enters their body through eyes, nose or mouth, they can have a severe reaction.
We ask that you help keep our students safe by not sending food with fish or peanut products or “may have come in contact with fish or peanut products.”
Thank you for helping to keep this child’s world safe!