Best Start Hubs
Supporting home, child care and school
Best Start Hubs are child and family centres located in schools offering children 0 to 12 years of age and their families a place to meet, to learn and to grow together.
There are several Best Start Hubs including the following in Rainbow Schools:
Algonquin Road Public School - 2650 Algonquin Road, Sudbury
Central Manitoulin Public School -56 Yong Streeet, Mindemoya
Churchill Public School - 1722 Fielding Street, Sudbury
Copper Cliff Public School - 50 School Street, Copper Cliff
Lansdowne Public School -185 Lansdowne Street North, Sudbury
Little Current Public School - 18 Draper Street, Little Current
MacLeod Public School Annex - 310 Laval Street, Sudbury
Northeastern Elementary School - 45 Spruce Street, Garson
Redwood Acres Public School - 4625 Carl Street, Hanmer
At your local hub, you will be able to:
- give your child a chance to play and make friends
- meet other parents/caregivers
- learn more about your child's development
- help prepare your child for school
- enroll your child in a child care or pre-school leanring program
- receive support and resources for your child
- have fun!
Activities may include:
- Play groups
- Parent workshops such as Infant Massage and Kids Have Stress Too
- Family learning activities such as Circle Time and Family Math
- Screening for healthy early development including hearing, language, nutrition and dental
- Health Unit support such as visits from a Health Nurse
- Special events and field trips
- Dad's nights
Parents are welcome to attend hub activities at any site.
For a complete list of sites, schedules and more information, visit www.sudburybeststart.ca
or call 3-1-1.