Come work with us!
We bring learning to life.
Rainbow District School Board provides quality programs and character education to students, and exceptional teaching opportunities for educators, including:
- French Immersion from Kindergarten to Grade 12
- Curriculum writing at school board and provincial levels
- Indigenous Education and a commitment to the Truth and Reconciliation key recommendations as they relate to education
- Four specialized programs:
- Arts Education Program – a comprehensive training program in dance, theatre, instrumental music,
vocals, media studies and visual arts
- Science Technology Education Program – recognized as one of the most innovative school programs in Ontario
- International Baccalaureate Program – a two-year comprehensive program recognized by leading universities around the world
- Innovative Integrated Technology Program – combines a variety of core subjects with innovative technology classes, in partnership with businesses
- Co-operative Education, integrating secondary school classroom theory with practical experience alongside an employer
- Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program (OYAP), designed to introduce high school students to a career path that will lead to skilled trades, and accumulate hours toward a registered or non-registered apprenticeship
- Specialist High Skills Majors in thirteen sectors, where students learn on the job and can earn valuable industry certifications
Diverse. Multicultural. Welcoming.
Rainbow District School Board covers a geographic area of more than 14,757 square kilometers in the heart of Rainbow Country – Sudbury, Espanola and Manitoulin Island. The Board has an Education Service Agreement with 10 First Nations.
The City of Greater Sudbury is the largest city in Northern Ontario, with some 161,000 people. The ‘Education Capital of Northern Ontario’, Greater Sudbury is home to Laurentian University, Cambrian College, Collège Boréal, the Northern Ontario School of Medicine and the McEwen School of Architecture. It is also the health care hub of northeastern Ontario with Health Sciences North and the Northeastern Ontario Regional Cancer Centre, as well as a state-of-the-art medical research institute.
Cultural activities include the Sudbury Theatre Centre, Art Gallery of Sudbury, the Sudbury Symphony Orchestra, and soon, Place des Arts, as well as festivals such as Cinéfest International Film Festival and Northern Lights Festival Boréal. With over 330 lakes and countless recreation trails, residents enjoy outdoor activities in all seasons.
Manitoulin Island, the world’s largest freshwater island, offers a unique blend of maritime charm, northern wilderness and history. Drawn by its natural beauty, abundant wildlife and authentic Indigenous culture, many choose to stay because of the lifestyle options, affordable living and community spirit.
Teaching Employment Opportunities
Permanent Teaching Opportunities
Access current permanent teaching opportunities by clicking the link below.
Occasional Teaching Opportunities
Access current occasional teaching opportunities by clicking the link below.
Non-Teaching Employment Opportunities
Rainbow District School Board welcomes resumes from candidates intered in casual positions within Sudbury, Espanola and Manitoulin Island as follows:
Educational Requirement: Developmental Service Worker Diploma or Child and Youth Worker Diploma
Designated Early Childhood Educators
Educational Requirement: Early Childhood Education Diploma
Educational Requirement: Grade 12
Please send your resume, a copy of your diploma, and the names of three professional references to HR@rainbowschools.ca.
Other Non-Teaching Opportunities
Access current non-teaching employment opportunities by clicking the link below.
For more information, please contact Human Resources at 705.674.3171 ext 7265.
Please keep the following in mind: Unsolicited applications to the Board will be kept on file for six months. Unsolicited applications are not considered when positions are advertised.
To learn more about communities within our board area, please visit the websites listed below.