International Youth Summer Camp
International Youth Summer Camp
Welcome to the 2017 International Youth Summer Camp
Rainbow International invites you to explore our beautiful city this summer.
Join students from around the world for:
- English classes with a professional ESL Certified teacher
- Cultural activities, sports and excursions
- Daily interaction with Canadian students
- Friendship with youth from various countries, including Canada
- Your choice of a 1 or 2 week program
Expand your English language proficiency
- Student-centred, fun learning environment
- Focus on oral communication (speaking and listening)
- Small class sizes
- Certificate of Completion awarded at the end of the program
- Visit to Manitoulin Island, the largest freshwater island in the world
- Outdoor Adventure Training at Laurentian University
- 3-Day trip to the beautiful city of Ottawa – our nation’s capital
- Science North and Dynamic Earth excursions
All activities are closely supervised by teaching staff who are committed to keeping students very busy and safe at all times.
Sample schedule with possible activities
|Monday, July 3, 2017||Arrival (pick up at airport)|
|Tuesday, July 4, 2017||Orientation, assessment and welcome lunch|
|Wednesday, July 5, 2017||English class and Dynamic Earth|
|Thursday, July 6, 2017||English class and campfire|
|Friday, July 7, 2017||English class and travel|
|Saturday, July 8, 2017||Ottawa|
|Sunday, July 9, 2017||Ottawa|
|Monday, July 10, 2017||English class and boat tour|
|Tuesday, July 11, 2017||English class and beach|
|Wednesday, July 12, 2017||Manitoulin Island|
|Thursday, July 13, 2017||English class and shopping|
|Friday, July 14, 2017||Laurentian Leadership|
|Saturday, July 15, 2017||Science North|
|Sunday, July 16, 2017||Departure|
This year is Canada’s 150th Birthday!
Join us as we celebrate our nation’s capital!
Explore museums, art galleries and music and cultural festivals this summer.
How to Apply
Summer programs will run between July 4 and July 15, 2017.
1. Download and complete the International Youth Summer Camp application form.
2. Forward the completed form along with a $200 CAD non-refundable application fee to Rainbow District School Board, 408 Wembley Drive, Sudbury, Ontario, Canada, P3E 1P2 or email email@example.com.
Once your application and application fee has been received, you will receive a confirmation letter with important information about your arrival.
- Legal status in Canada. Students of some countries only need a passport, while others may need a Visa. Please check with the Canadian Consulate in your country.
- Must be between 13 and 17 years of age
- Pre-registration and payment in full prior to June 01, 2017
- Medical Insurance coverage for the entire duration of your stay in Canada
Students enrolled in the International Youth Summer Camp will stay at a supervised residence at Laurentian University.
|2 Week Program (recommended)||$ 2,295.00 CAD*|
|1 Week Program||$ 1,147.00 CAD*|
*Fees include accommodations and three meals per day.
All fees are in Canadian dollars and must be made payable to Rainbow District School Board.
Fees must be received by no later than June 1, 2017.
Space is limited. Interested students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To learn more or to register, please contact:
Rainbow District School Board
408 Wembley Drive
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada