Parents/guardians are important partners in the learning process. Rainbow Schools are committed to fulfilling each student's potential by providing solid support systems.
Collaborative relationships with parents/guardians and strong community partnerships complement the work of staff and have an impact on the success of our exceptional students. Together, parents/guardians, educators and community members form a dynamic group dedicated to creating the best possible learning environment for your exceptional child.
Parents/guardians of a child with an exceptionality are encouraged to:
- Become familiar with and become informed about board policies and procedures in relation to special education programs and services.
- Participate in IPRCs, parent-teacher conferences and other relevant school activities.
- Provide input into the implementation and review of the IEP with the school team and other professionals.
- Participate in the development of the IEP.
- Become acquainted with and support the school staff working with their child.
- Support their exceptional child at home.
- Work with the principal and teachers to solve problems.
- Be responsible for their child's attendance.
Information and Downloads for Parents/Guardians
of the following resource documents are in the form of a Microsoft Office Power
Point Presentation, while others are in Adobe PDF format.
Needs Statement Form
A Parents' Guide (2015)